- We will NEVER share your information with anyone outside of the LSVA Leadership Team.
- We do no sell your information to any third parties or give it away. This includes other veteran services, government organizations, or corporations that provide services to veterans.
- The LSVA Leadership Team may contact you about services and programs that other organizations provide, based on the profile questions you filled out. For example, if you requested Employment Assistance, one of our Leadership Team members may send you a message about that service, but that service does not have your information.
Privacy is also a two-way street. There are stipulations to you being a member that we would ask you to follow.
- The default setting on the website is that your profile cannot be viewed by non-members. Blogs, posts to The Casa, pictures, and videos are defaulted to public view, but you can change them to private upon uploading or posting them.
- Do not share any information about yourself that you would not like outside groups to know. You can change your Profile Settings at http://lonestarveterans.ning.com/profiles/profile/privacySettings. Remember that the setting for "Anyone" is anybody that can find our site, regardless if they are a member. The setting "The Veterans" are people who have created a profile on our site. The setting "Just My Friends" are only for people who have created a profile on our site AND who have friended you through your profile.
- There is different settings for privacy, including your postings to The Casa, Events you create, etc...
- If you represent a business or a corporation, you are NOT allowed to sell your products or services through the LSVA website.
- Some Veteran Service Organizations have been allowed to create profiles on the LSVA in order to keep us and you informed of their events and programs, but they are not allowed to take your information for their own uses. If you represent another VSO, please follow this policy.
Remember that no matter how hard you try or hard hard we try, nothing on the internet is truly ever private. We provide as much privacy as possible, but the main goal of our organization to provide information and a platform for veterans to discuss their issues, events, and programs available around Texas.
We would also like to remind you that any comments, profiles, postings, pictures, or blogs that promote or encourage overt violence, pornography, illegal drug usage, racism, sexism, discrimination towards any ethnicities, creeds, religions or political groups will be removed immediately. Repeated offenses will cause your profile to be removed from our site.
The main goal of the Lone Star Veterans Association is to make Texas the best place for veterans and their families. We do that through a community effort of open ideas, suggestions, information, and events that encourage veterans and families to succeed.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at Membership@LoneStarVeterans.org